Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Through the Viewfinder


As I regularly browse Etsy for treasures, I am invariabily drawn to the photography. In a similar fashion, I get lost on Red Bubble. I luvs me a good image... and there's a common theme in most of the stuff I love. It's made using a technique called Through the Viewfinder. Good description from the Red Bubble group: "TTV photography is when you use a digital camera in conjunction with a vintage TLR camera such as a Kodak Duaflex or an Argus or any other camera that has a viewfinder large enough. The photograph is composed through the viewfinder of the vintage camera, then a photograph is taken of the viewfinder with the digital camera."

Why do I love it so? Is it because it transforms the everyday world around us into a more mysterious and alluring place? Things are a bit blurry, a bit faded, a bit scrached, a bit off kilter, yet remain unremittingly nostalgic and beautiful. Is this my own version of rose coloured glasses?


Buy this one here.


Buy this one here.


Buy this one here.


Buy this one here.


Buy this one here.

It's not all bunting and flowers though. And neither am I.


Buy this one here.

Please click on the links for full photo credits and to check out other stuff by these talented people... and maybe buy something for your walls.

1 comment:

  1. I love TtV photography. It's amazing. One of these days I'm going to give it a go myself.

    ReplyDelete

Oh hello! I do like a wee comment, that way I know you exist!
Sorry I had to turn the ANNOYING word verification back on, but I've been getting too much spam lately. :(

Search This Blog