Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Letters


Soldiers Writing Letters Home, originally uploaded by Smithsonian Institution.

Rereading some old posts today on here, I came across this one. It's still true.

Then whilst idly blog surfing, I found this post. Read it, it's awesome.

Then I found this project.


And so, thought I, if nothing else, I'll write some postcards, and as people have suggested, try and do this on a Friday. So that they have some Monday morning mail joy.


(Snail) Mail, originally uploaded by martinstelbrink.

Want a postcard from me? Drop me your addy at drewzel@rocketmail.com.

In the meantime, I'll try and fire some cards out to people in the universe, just so they get something tactile and pretty.


Letter Writing Can Be Fun!, originally uploaded by Emerald2810.

1 comment:

  1. Cool, I'll email you my addy! I love receiving snail mail :). And I'll send one your way, too.

    My paternal grandmother was the only relative who wrote letters to me, and she died 13 years ago. I miss receiving her letters, and I miss writing letters to her.

    Just last night, nudged along by this post of yours, I wrote a letter to my in-laws -- I had done that pretty regularly up until a couple years ago, and I want to start doing it again.

    ReplyDelete

Oh hello! I do like a wee comment, that way I know you exist!
Sorry I had to turn the ANNOYING word verification back on, but I've been getting too much spam lately. :(

Search This Blog