Sunday, November 28, 2010

derby again

Went to the VRDL grand final last night, loved the skating, hated the venue.
Found this article via Facebook, I really can relate to this quote:
There were lots of families in the crowd. Watching the kids clap and hurt with the women, grimace as they hit the ground and scream as they got back up, wiping smears of face paint over their faces, I saw for a moment what I would have felt watching those women as a child. Powerful, epic, like there was something to look forward to at the end of growing up, and it would come on a set of skates, under a Reservoir night, in a pair of hot pants and the boom of the backtrack, as part of a team.
~ Ruby Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello! I do like a wee comment, that way I know you exist!
Sorry I had to turn the ANNOYING word verification back on, but I've been getting too much spam lately. :(

Search This Blog