Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hump Day crafty life roundup

You know, making myself do this round up is rather good really, as it sort of forces me to have something to show you for the week, thus giving my wont-to-procrastinating-self the proverbial boot in the backside. No humping this week but definitely crafting. (You probably didn't need to know that, but given the three people that read this blog are used to my ways, I am not afeared of offending anyone.) Anyway, I digress.

So I finished Miss Delilah:
She's feeling spiffy in a Reject Shop frame, but needs another press.

Started new project using The Black Apple embroidery designs from Sublime Stitching:
This one might take longer than I thought, because the fabric I'm stitching is quite thick and hard on the hands. By the way, am I the only one that "under-presses" Sublime designs? I'm not really keen on the fact that the ink doesn't wash out, and so I like to make them as feint as possible to allow for my stitching vagaries. 'Tis why I always need to fill everything in with my trusty water soluble marker.

As detailed ad nauseam in earlier posts, been working on granny malarkey:



I've also been perusing Etsy more than is healthy (y'know I don't allow myself to e-bay any more?) and in happy news stumbled upon a wife for Percy. (Those who know me/have been to my house will know what I'm on about.) Now to find a vintage frame for her. The op-shop beckons, methinks...

Also via Etsy, this morning I bought this cuteness to stitch up from Wild Olive. I'm on a bit of a mission to add to my pattern collection with original designs and have no qualms about paying such talented designers. I also grabbed all my old embroidery transfers from the old house last night, so there may be the odd post in the works at Stitchy Britches too...I've found a big owl that's begging to be stitched.

Happy Hump Day! What's been your favourite project of the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello! I do like a wee comment, that way I know you exist!
Sorry I had to turn the ANNOYING word verification back on, but I've been getting too much spam lately. :(

Search This Blog